2022 Small Business Support Program
The application for 2022 Small Business Support Program is now open.
This program provides cash flow support to small businesses in NSW that are impacted by the current Omicron COVID-19 virus.
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have been operating in NSW on 1 January 2021 (if you don’t meet this requirement, please see the guidelines for alternative circumstances)
- have had an aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2021 or 30 June 2020
- have experienced a decline in turnover of 40% or more due to the impacts of COVID-19:
- during January 2022, compared to January 2021 or January 2020
- from 1 to 14 February 2022, compared to the same fortnight in February 2021 or February 2020
- for employing businesses, maintain your employee headcount from 30 January to 28 February 2022
- for non-employing businesses, such as sole traders, show that the business is the primary income source (50% or more of the total income) for the associated person. If you have more than one non-employing business, you can only claim payments for one business.
Eligible businesses will receive one payment that covers the month of February 2022 (four-week period).
- For employing businesses: 20% of weekly payroll for work performed in New South Wales with a minimum amount of $750 per week and a maximum amount of $5,000;
- For non-employing businesses: $500 per week;
For alternative circumstances, such as businesses that do not meet standard eligibility criteria, ineligible businesses, new businesses not operating on 01/01/2021, etc., please see the full guidelines released by Service NSW.
How to Apply
You can click here to apply for the 2022 Small business Support Program. The applications close on 29/04/2022.
Book an obligation-free appointment with us for a financial health check to make sure you don’t miss any government grants and post-lockdown opportunities.
WL Advisory is a Chartered Accounting firm. We specialise in accounting, tax and advisory services for individuals and small businesses. Please visit our website for more information.